Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Why no blogroll?

I suppose one of the main reasons this blog hasn't skyrocketed up in the ratings is that it doesn't participate in the reciprocal links business. Not to say that I'm grumpy with my current polling. I beat 2/3rd of all blogs on N.Z. Bear's ecosystem! - and I've only been in the job for just over a month. But not having a blogroll is a shame, I admit. One of the biggest compliments a blog can receive is by receiving a link in someone else's blog, and I can't pay that compliment to anyone!

My orginal rational for not having a blogroll was twofold. They're ugly, and I wanted to give myself a few months of checking out blogs so that I could fairly assess what's good and what's crap. But I've decided to change.

Here's the new plan! You tell me a post that you think is great. I will link to your blog, for 2 weeks. Every good post you can give me gets you another two weeks. Sound like an idea? This way, I only have good quality blogs that deserve linkage on my blogroll, and I don't have any stagnant ones. I think it will be exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home