Blogging gets Angry
Now, bloggers are a political bunch. They are loud and rowdy, to be quite frank. But the voice of bloggers has been unified for the first time by NZ Bear's "Porkbusters". For the first time, the collective roar of the blogs will face US Senators. Basically, what you do is try and find a programme that the government is wasting money on, and you ask them why they have approved it, because you think it sucks. Then you add it to the list of the programmes that are up on the website. If the offical doesn't back down, then basically, they get legally mail bombed. With the shit programmes exposed, people will write to that offical in droves. Pretty good, huh? Makes government more efficient, holds politicians accountable, all that good stuff.Here's my 2 cents. This seems to me more like tyranny of the majority and mob rule than decent public policy. I'm really worried that funds will be diverted away from "wasteful" projects, because those projects do not have economic growth and bottom lines as their aim. More than anything, I'm worried that the US will cut international aid, as it diverts more "wasteful" money to American projects.
I concede that this has come from the pitiful flaws highlighted by Hurricane Katrina. But I really think we should start getting the message accross.
- Climate change means warmer waters.
- Hurricanes are formed and intensified by warm water.
- Therefore, hurricanes are caused and intensified by climate change.
- Therefore, you should take the bus!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home