Saturday, November 11, 2006

Blog love

I've often found myself reading through people's lives and have become quite moved by who they are - dispute the fact that I have no real knowledge about who they are etc etc. Interesting terms those, real and knowledge. Argh, philosophy coming back to haunt me! Still, I find it quite intriguing that you can feel quite a strong pull towards people, even though you've actually never really entered into a conversation with them.

In many respects, I feel as if his leads me to the suggestion that love isn't really about the other person. It's all about the way you perceive your other. Like, it seems as if we are attracted towards people, at times despite our own rational feelings. For example, if love was about the other person's feelings, then I don't see how unrequited love would occur. That conclusion also makes me doubt whether the Christian tradition of an exclusive pair is really that tenable.

I'm not really a cynic about love, but I also don't really know how the romatic myth got started. To me, it really does seem quite a difficult prospect to achieve. Especially the concept of 'the one and only someone'. I mean, it's such a wonderful thing to believe when you're in love. I recognise that, but it doesn't really seem to have too much foundation.

All in all, it seems as if I have completely detracted from the intention of talking about mysterious women that seem to hide from me in real life but seem ever present in the net. Grrr. Why can't interesting people just pop out of the woodwork and tell me their intimate details face to face. Sure would stop a whole bunch or wasted time!

Image: Mezoen http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=171474378&size=o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home