Walk
Being obsessively environmentally conscious makes me a difficult person to be around sometimes. I have chosen not to get my driver's licence, just so that I wont be tempted to use private transport. I always use recyable shopping bags, and hate getting over-packaged (ie packaged) things from the supermarket. I know it's lame, but once you start a crusade, there's really no point in being wussy about it.
The one thing that I do do which is pretty bad is spend shitloads of time on the computer. 300 watts an hour! That's a whole buch! In my defence however, I derive a lot of pleasure from mindless persuits. Besides, I've had postgrad to do. Now that I've stopped studying, I've acutally begun to garden. Amazing. Fresh tomatoes will be yum.
1 Comments:
To save power with a computer get an LCD if you don't have one already, though there is the one slight problem that costs money, about the cost of an iPod depending how much you spend on the screen.
Energy saver light bulbs can also help, as long as you place them in wel used room for room lighting. http://www.ecobulb.co.nz/index.html
That is the one that came out tops on consumer and they are running a promotion round the country. Well it aims to. It was meant to be coming to Wellington in the near future. Where they sell 5 bulbs for $10 I think.
Ecobulb
Model
Model Ecobulb
Price $5.95
Ratings
Overall score (%) 92
Efficiency (/10) 9.1
Light output (%) 129
Performance
Light output (lux) 216
Power consumption (watts) 19.8
Time to full output (secs) 57
Bulb life (hours) 10,000
Features
Shape Spiral tube
Colour Warm white
Ecobulb
Good points
Most light output of all 20W equivalent bulbs in test. 29 percent more light than a 100W incandescent bulb.
Post a Comment
<< Home