Geocaching, baby!
I had my first experience at geocaching today. It was quite exciting really. Unfortunately, I didn't get out into the bush and look for a box hidden somewhere interesting. Instead I looked for a few "micro caches" in my home town. One of them led me to this sculpture, Len Lye's Water Whirler.
So anyway, I went and purchased some pencils, put on my walking shoes and headed off from where I live. It was quite an adventure really. I've walked through the city many times, but now I was going treasure hunting!
Anyway, I couldn't find the damn thing! I got to the location and started looking into cracks etc. I ended upspent about 20 minutes looking around for the little container/log type thing that you're supposed to find. I looked all over the rocks, under the pier, all over the sculpture. Nowhere! I was really quite annoyed.
Most of all is the fact that it's a really public place and I looked like an utter dodo.
In all honesty, as soon I realised that it was that sculpture on the waterfront - I pretty much knew that there was no hope of finding it. I've been to it a number of times without finding something to write on.
Still, I did like the challenge. It is kind of made me more determined. I want me some cache.
Tags: geocaching gps wellington explore

1 Comments:
Welcome to the sport, any reason to get you out of the house to some place you would probably never have gone to is a good thing. Have fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home