George Clooney
I actually had a listen to something on E! today. George Clooney's latest movie (I can't remember what the name is, it is a pseudo-doco on the communist blacklisting of the 50s) has been labelled too liberal, too political. By that, opponents mean too left. It is about a news editor who refused to back down against the McCarthy (?) communist blacklisting. Clooney said something that struck me:
(not verbatim) I don't know how conservatism always seems to portray itself as morally superior. Consider the following:
Left wingers are/were opponents of :
- human slavery
- Vietnam War
- Iraq War
- racial profiling
- religious and political intolerance
Left wingers are/were proponents of:
- universal suffrage
- civil rights movement
- workers' rights movement
- women's rights movement
- gay rights
- environmental protection
- animal rights
- gun control
Plus, there arn't too many left wingers in the Klu Klux Klan.
I really see where he's coming from. Actually, I have included a few of my own in that quote just to prove a point. I would also include abortion and improvements in family planning techniques, including contraception.
I don't see why being close to God carries with it an implication of beingclose to morality. Ever gone to www.godhatesfags.com? Somehow moral conservatism continues to portray itself as morally superior to to its alignment with God. Apart from many other difficulties, I don't see how they don't realise that the Godly also commit sin.
1 Comments:
I saw George Clooney at the Marriot Resort Ridge Hotel in Phoenix arizona. He was sitting with another guy in the hotel lobby. I was sitting next to the guy. They talk about another guy from turkey. His name is Fahrettin. [the guy was cute little boy arround 20 years old]. He is already together with this guy from turkey. his name is Fahrettin Oluk. What's up with that? How come the media has not reported on his "gayness"?
Post a Comment
<< Home