People are idiots
Sometimes, I just have to cringe when I hear about the antics of my fellow citizens. Now, I know that this may be critcised as elitism, but seriously, some people are stupid. Really stupid. And worse, some people are violent when stupid. If we can't justifiably criticise them, then something is wrong with the world. Although sometimes I can really understand existentialism, post-modernism, relativism and anti-realism, I just feel like putting my foot down.
Take these two examples of shining individuals:
Case A
A burglar armed with a home-made weapon this morning burst into the bedroom of a couple, while they were in bed, and beat them both over the head. [1]
Case B
A 14-year-old boy is facing a murder charge after a concrete slab was thrown off a bridge and through a car windscreen on Friday night. [2]
Now, I have to say - NOT COOL! I don't understand how people can be such idiots. I want to understand what drives people to do such behaviour, but I can't seem to get my head around it. I mean, there doesn't seem to be anything to gain from either of these acts.
Guess I wouldn't make a good petty criminal.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home