Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Some people are scary

Kay - so me and Em were riding home from the café on the bus and these two old ladies start talking in the seat in front of us. And no, we weren't eavesdropping.

First of all, they saw some scantily clad teenage females.
"My God, standards have dropped these days. There are some little tarts running around these days."
"I know, I know. It's disgraceful!"
"And you know what, Gladis, you just know that half of them are drunk or on dope."
"Oh they all are these days, it really is terrible. Just disgraceful!"

Naturally the topic progressed to matters of the State.
"And you know what, the Government is telling us now that we can't hit kids. Now that's an absolute disgrace! No one is going to bloody tell me what I can do in my own home."
"That's right. I whacked my kids, and none of them are any worse off for it."
"Parents are too soft these days. None of this talking rubbish, pain is the best way to tell them a lesson. I used to take a fly swat around with me whenever we went anywhere. As soon as they misbehaved, whack! That sure as hell shuts them up."

I just thought I would that with you all. We certainly were astonished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home