C'mon Cindy, keep you're cool
Now, I've previously been really for Cindy Sheehan's action, anything that stops needless killing is good - but I think she's doing herself a disservice by going slightly overboard.
All good protests need popular support. That's why you don't see tree hugging hippies influencing too many policy decisions. In order for a protest to be successful, it has to appeal to the middle ground. It's the public opinion that is really going to sway a Government. However, from what the WorldNetDaily report I just read, http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45762, I think she may be losing it slightly.
I think she's got to remember that when she was pulling at people's heartstrings by criticising Bush for letting her son die, that was less controversial. It seemed to me like she was attemping to hold President Bush to account, to explain why he had allowed her son to die. Cindy wanted to the President into action by maintaining a vigil at his ranch - that was fine. To be an individual like that takes courage. But, from her latest comments - that she will no longer pay her 2004 taxes, and demanding Bush be impeached - she is losing all credibility.
For starters, when has the US regime been imperialist towards itself? I doubt she can regain that sense of pity we all had for her. I too hope the war will end quickly, but I don't think she's helping.
Hrm. There's a whole lot of I's in this post. But, I got the point accross, right?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home